
Before I came into this class, I knew very little of Media. I knew it had to do with movies, music, TV and radio, but I wasn't sure the broad spectrum that media entailed. I knew that advertisements and commercials were forms of media.
I'd like to learn a few things about media. What it covers, i.e how much fits under the subject of media, how it affects daily life, how much companies pay to get themselves portrayed positively by certain mediums, and who controls media. I'd also like to know about any new forms of media that will be coming out, like beyond TV, magazines, billboards etc.
What I've learned this week in media class is that many companies will pay alot of money to get there products into media. I've also learned just how many advertisements are in movies, like cars, drinks, watches, and other random things that I never even noticed in movies/TV. The biggest thing I've learned so far is the evolution of media, like how advertisements weren't always so invasive/obvious, and how advertisements went from little 5 word messages in a newspaper, to huge billboards 50 feet in the air.
I'd like to learn a few things about media. What it covers, i.e how much fits under the subject of media, how it affects daily life, how much companies pay to get themselves portrayed positively by certain mediums, and who controls media. I'd also like to know about any new forms of media that will be coming out, like beyond TV, magazines, billboards etc.
What I've learned this week in media class is that many companies will pay alot of money to get there products into media. I've also learned just how many advertisements are in movies, like cars, drinks, watches, and other random things that I never even noticed in movies/TV. The biggest thing I've learned so far is the evolution of media, like how advertisements weren't always so invasive/obvious, and how advertisements went from little 5 word messages in a newspaper, to huge billboards 50 feet in the air.

No comments:
Post a Comment